LINKS ARE NOW AT THE BOTTOM

LINKS ARE NOW AT THE BOTTOM

Big Red Button!!!


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Food Review



This dish was bought from a Japanese food stall at a food court.

It apparently is Saba Fish as claimed by the stallholders. Don't you feel like vomiting salivating when you see it? Though aesthetically unpleasing to the eye, it had a rich fragrance emanating from it. I am not a big fan of seafood, but I was strangely tempted to try out the fish then.

As I put it into my mouth, I could taste a mixture of sweet and salty sauce which blended perfectly with the fish's flavour. The sauce was however too much to be eaten simply with the fish and had to be eaten with the usual bowl of steamed white rice. The fish tasted even better with some lime juice from which I squeezed out of the limes next to it. (by the way, I have never seen Japanese fish served with limes to squeeze juice on)

As I ate the fish, though, I could also sense a strange (alcoholic?) taste but I could not fathom what it was. I detest ginger, and I cringed and flinched when I bit onto a piece of the disgusting tuber. Overall, I would give the fish about a 6 out of 10, for its good blend of flavours and most of all value for money, but there is of course a penalty in terms of scoring because of the presentation of the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment